State variable name

Report and track bugs

Re: State variable name

Postby vorelj » Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:44 pm

Just to start from beginning.
I thought that src folder and the subfolders should include only files used to compile or under development. Therefore, if someone wants to share some files with us, then they should be placed it into unused folder, everybody can find it and they don't mess up the source tree. If we place unused files everywhere then we loose the readability of the structure and no one would know what files should be really used for compilation and which are there as some documentation.

Honza
vorelj

Postby zhouxinwei » Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:37 pm

I got it, but my issues are:
1) Why do we have them (numerical.cpp, materials.cpp) in the source folder, place it into the "unused" folder, so it is clear that they are not part of the project
2) If they are not used and you wanted to convince us to use your math libraries then there should be some file which can be extended (adjusted, updated) by any user and where you place the functions you typically use. Or are the functions included in numerical.cpp all the functions you have for the vector, tensor, etc. operations?
3) numerical.cpp is still included in mars.pro

Regards,
Honza

1) let's have a folder called 'share' and put the files (for reference) there.
2) you can extend numerical.cpp by inheriting from existing classes and deriving your new classes. We give it to you so you can see how things are done, and you don't need to start from scratch. Just don't include numerical.cpp itself into your project.
3) it shouldn't be there at all. I have no idea why it is there.

Best,
Xinwei
zhouxinwei

Postby vorelj » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:44 pm

Hi,
with the new version of MARS, I again get wrong state variable name for hxL

Honza
vorelj

Postby zhouxinwei » Sun Aug 14, 2016 6:07 pm

Which version is used? Can you please attach the input?
zhouxinwei

Postby vorelj » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:53 am

Hi, I found the issue. Even I setup the names correctly, the function from Mars calls getHxStVarLabel, getHxStVarUnit which overloads the previous definition :-). So I adjusted that and it's fine

Thx.
Honza
vorelj

Previous

Return to Bugs