Makefile from MARS package does not work for UD repository.

Report and track bugs

Makefile from MARS package does not work for UD repository.

Postby abdelm4 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:05 pm

I am having a problem while compiling Mars on my Mac, OSX yosemite. I have required files in MarsLib, but I get the message " *** No rule to make target `mars.h', needed by `userD.o'. Stop." While compiling any version.
abdelm4

Re: Make file compatibility with yosemite

Postby rwendner » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:11 pm

I have been compiling MARS (downloaded through gitlab) on Yosemite and ElCapitan for weeks (the last time last week) and never received this error messages so far.
rwendner

Postby ES3 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:17 pm

Please provide the files you used for compilation (script, Makefile, etc) so we can look into your issue.
ES3

Postby abdelm4 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:27 pm

ES3 wrote:Please provide the files you used for compilation (script, Makefile, etc) so we can look into your issue.

I just used this library, mars2016.0.15.MacOSX, which I downloaded today. I am attaching screenshots of what I have, as I can't upload all of it.

P.S. I had a similar problem before. Xinwei helped me over skype that time by giving me some changes in the makefile to make it work. Xinwei can confirm that.
Now I just replaced my makefile with the one in mars2016.0.15.MacOSX, I got this issue.
I assumed whatever the error was, it would have been noted and fixed, that's why I did not file a bug report the previous time.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 11.03.53 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 11.03.53 AM.png (64.49 KiB) Viewed 9537 times
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 11.03.40 AM.png
Screen Shot 2016-03-21 at 11.03.40 AM.png (221.65 KiB) Viewed 9537 times
abdelm4

Postby ES3 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 6:38 pm

abdelm4 wrote:
ES3 wrote:Please provide the files you used for compilation (script, Makefile, etc) so we can look into your issue.

I just used this library, mars2016.0.15.MacOSX, which I downloaded today. I am attaching screenshots of what I have, as I can't upload all of it.

P.S. I had a similar problem before. Xinwei helped me over skype that time by giving me some changes in the makefile to make it work. Xinwei can confirm that.
Now I just replaced my makefile with the one in mars2016.0.15.MacOSX, I got this issue.
I assumed whatever the error was, it would have been noted and fixed, that's why I did not file a bug report the previous time.

The screenshots don't help. You need to post the contents of Makefile or the scripts you used for compilation, which is what we asked for.

You shouldn't use the Makefile in the MARS package you downloaded, you should use the Makefile and cmp file you downloaded from MARS-UD-100. Please read the README.txt in MARS-UD-100 repository.
ES3

Postby abdelm4 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 7:01 pm

ES3 wrote:
abdelm4 wrote:

The screenshots don't help. You need to post the contents of Makefile or the scripts you used for compilation, which is what we asked for.

You shouldn't use the Makefile in the MARS package you downloaded, you should use the Makefile and cmp file you downloaded from MARS-UD-100. Please read the README.txt in MARS-UD-100 repository.

My problem was replacing the Makefile with the one in the package, now it's working fine.
Thank you
abdelm4

Return to Bugs