error in destroying tet solid list

Report and track bugs

error in destroying tet solid list

Postby rwendner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 2:52 pm

Destroying T face list TopP and its objects
Destroying tet solid list PRTC and its objects
marsD100(37700,0x7fff7d031000) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fae5940d6a0: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Destroying tet solid list SelPart and its objects
The program has unexpectedly finished.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(5.96 KiB) Downloaded 655 times
rwendner

Re: error in destroying tet solid list

Postby rwendner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:00 pm

for the same Run file paraview can not correctly visualise the stress tensor from file SigT.
During opening the following error message is reported by paraview:
Can't read cell offsets from Cells in piece 0 because the offset array is not long enough.
rwendner

Postby rwendner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 3:55 pm

for the same problem with sealed (RH and T) BCs the following issues are noted:

- the RH and T strain increments are constantly 0 and not the set value (see StrainsAtFacet.vtu). I guess they are reset to 0 before they are appended to the plot record.

- the RH and T strains at step 0 are according to paraview between 0 and 1e-16 (the same range as given for the StrainIncrements in all steps (the initialised value?). It would be clearer if they were constant 0.0.

- while the imposed normal strains are spatially constant as they should (see SVtets.vtu) this is not the case for the imposed volumetric strains. How are they calculated ? They seem to be influenced by the mechanical boundary conditions.
Attachments
Archive.zip
(40.95 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
rwendner

Postby rwendner » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:04 pm

A related problem with spatially constant and constant in time RH rate and TH rate field shows
that the RH strains and T strains are constant as well.

This means they are not incremented over time, instead the shown values are actually the respective strain increments.
rwendner

Postby zhouxinwei » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:05 am

The segmentation fault is fixed in version 2016.8.10.

The strain increments (facetStrainIncrement, not facetStrain) are not saved in the calculations, see method ShrinkageModuleUD::imposeFacetStrains (), that should explain what you saw. You need to fix this method.
zhouxinwei

Postby rwendner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:51 am

I believe that the ShrinkageModuleUD::imposeFacetStrains() is correct.
If I misunderstand something, please clarify.

The calculated strain increment deps is first added to the SV (this works correctly) and later used as follows

// jNSI is ImposedStrainIncrement
facetStrain[jNSI][i] = deps;

// jNS is ImposedStrain
facetStrain[jNS][i] += deps;

Also, the strains and strainincrements should really be initiated to 0.0. I assume if they are not set to 0.0 paraview will show the empty field as 0 to 1e-16 which is confusing.
rwendner

Postby zhouxinwei » Wed Aug 10, 2016 4:07 pm

As I explained in previous reply, you need to save deps into facetStrainIncrements, not facetStrains. MARS will pass facetStrainIncrements to Paraview as the strain increments.

I believe the 1e-16 things is: we save zero in a Paraview file, which is compressed text file, then Paraview reads it back and process them as nearly zeros on the machine error level precision.
zhouxinwei

Postby rwendner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:11 pm

sorry, but this does not explain why the facetStrains are not plotted correctly.
Also, the template you provided for thermal strains is doing exactly the same thing.

There is no method for sending facetStrainIncrements that I can find.
However, in processCommand() I already use the appropriate method to initialise Strains and StrainIncrements.
jNSI = LdpmModule::assignNewStrainIncrement(rdr);
jNS = LdpmModule::assignNewStrain(rdr);

I suggest you correct one of the eigenstrain modules (e.g. thermalStrainsUD) to serve as template. Then I can fix the rest.
rwendner

Postby zhouxinwei » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:19 pm

The thermal module was written by Daniele in strict collaboration with Mohammed, Mohammed is the one who directed and debugged the work. Mohammed is familiar with the way facetStrains and facetStrainIncrements have been used in the modules. It may be more efficient if you resolve these issues directly with Mohammed.

For the future, we also should not try to resolve multiple problems in the same topic. I will move the facetStrain issue to another topic with the appropriate title so that other people can find it.

Regarding
There is no method for sending facetStrainIncrements that I can find.

this variable is available in the header file, you can used it directly as the same way as facetStrains is used.
zhouxinwei

Postby rwendner » Wed Aug 10, 2016 9:19 pm

sorry,
I can not find facetStrainIncrements (I searched with QT all cpp and h files)
in which file, which line can I find this exactly - and find what it is doing?

However, with autocomplete of QT I can get it .... so I will try to fix it. I am not sure if Mohammed ever dealt with that.
When I started looking into this only thermalStrainsUD had this section ...
Last edited by rwendner on Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rwendner

Next

Return to Bugs