Large Scale LDPM Cells Generation

TetGen, import mesh, Paraview, Quasar, etc

Large Scale LDPM Cells Generation

Postby weixinli » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:20 pm

Hi,

I got a problem when I was running a LDPM simulation with around 900'000 particles. Considering the size of the model, I was running with MPI. However, every time I got my job killed, and received an error message: mpirun noticed that process rank 0 with PID 85335 on node n1 exited on signal 9 (Killed). This error message showed at the phase of ttL initializing (right after Generating Ldpm Cells). I was wondering, and Prof. Cusatis suggested, that this may be caused by Tetgen. Since Tetgen hasn't been parallelized, it only runs at a single node, which may exceed the limit of memory in the node. In my case, the memory of each node I used is around 130 GB, and I requested two nodes and 48 procs per node with a hybrid MPI execution with 2 nodes and 48 threads.

Does anyone have any experience of running a large scale LDPM simulation? It would be nice if we can talk, share our experience, and fight out the problem together.

Best Regards,
Weixin
Last edited by weixinli on Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
weixinli

Re: Large Scale LDPM Cells Generation

Postby giacusatis » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:40 pm

As we move forward with LDPM simulations we do have more and more very large systems ... Maybe it is the time we look at some alternatives for TetGen.
giacusatis

Re: Large Scale LDPM Cells Generation

Postby zhouxinwei » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:42 pm

Can you post the input file so we can try it? Thanks.
zhouxinwei

Return to Pre/Post Processing